Background Template

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy 18 Years!

This year, Cameron planned our anniversary and he really outdid himself!  When he left for work Friday morning, he handed me four envelopes and told me to open the first one when I arrived downtown later that day.  After Hadley left for school, I headed to Salt Lake City where, after safely pulling over, I opened the first envelope:

 
It contained a gift card to Cheesecake Factory and instructions to order my favorite thing for lunch and then, at a specified time, to open the second envelope.  I chickened out and went to Zupas (sitting alone at a restaurant with waiters freaks me out a little bit!).  I ate and then opened the second envelope:
 
 
This one had instructions to go to the Avenues Day Spa where Cameron had arranged for me to have a pedicure, a facial and a massage.  Sweet!
 
After spending a couple of hours at the spa, I opened the third envelope. 
 
 
This one contained a gift card for City Creek with instructions to go shopping and buy something I would not normally buy for myself (translation: not on sale).  And I had to hurry.  I had about one hour.  This was so much fun!  I picked a skirt and shirt for Sundays and a hoodie for the other days. 
 
I walked back to my car and opened the final envelope. 
 
 
 This one was my favorite because it included a beautiful letter that Cameron had written to me.  It also had instructions to meet him at the Grand America where we would be staying that evening.  I met him there, we checked in, and went to dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse. 

The whole day made me feel spoiled rotten.

And I liked it.  A lot!
 
 Happy 18 years to us.