Background Template

Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy 40th Cameron!


With Cameron turning 40 this year, I knew I wanted to do something big.  So, after lots and lots of planning, I managed to pull off a really fun surprise party for him.  I invited friends and family to meet at Mark and Michele's church and then told a whole bunch of lies to get Cameron there.  I discovered that I am not a good liar and was surprised that he didn't notice the color of my face while we were driving to the party- fire engine red!  After everyone yelled surprise and sang Happy Birthday, Cameron Stewart showed up with three of his buddies from Qwick Wits to do an improv show.  It was so. much. fun!  And thankfully, the birthday boy was a really good sport when they picked on him.  I think the best part of the night (for the rest of us, at least) might have been the skit in which they told Cameron he would have to play the part of whatever prop they needed.  Sharon suggested "gymnastics" as the theme and away they went.  Who knew that Cameron could be a pommel horse, rings, a mat, AND spandex?!  See video clip below for a good laugh! We then sang, cut and served the cake, and watched a video that I made of lots of loved ones talking to/ about Cameron (see also below). 
When I started planning this party, I told someone that I wanted it to be "epic."  I'm pretty sure that I came close.