4/16/2014: This morning, I told Hadley to clean her room before playgroup and preschool. In total frustration she asked, "Why do I have to clean my room every day?" I told her that cleaning your room is just part of the deal if you live in our home. She responded, "Well, I never made that deal!" to which I replied, "It doesn't matter. That's just the way it is in our family."
She came right back with "Then I know another family I can go live with... Leah's!"
I guess my baby is moving out. I better call Sharon and let her know.
4/7/20014: I took all of the kids to the dentist today. Ellie and Hadley were picking prizes and Ellie was getting so mad because Hadley kept copying her and she didn't want to have the same prize as her little sister. In an effort to calm Ellie down, I whispered to her, "You know Ellie, people only copy other people if they think they are awesome, so you should take it as a compliment. Hadley must think you are awesome."
I whispered all of this because I figured Hadley would argue Ellie's awesomeness, but Hadley overheard me and piped right up, "Yep. That's right Ellie. I do."
I whispered all of this because I figured Hadley would argue Ellie's awesomeness, but Hadley overheard me and piped right up, "Yep. That's right Ellie. I do."
They came home with matching key chains.