Austin wanted to invite a lot of people to see him open his mission call so we made a bit of a party of it. I was so touched to see how many showed up to support him in this.
He is a very loved boy.
I was emotional all day as I got ready for the night. As much as I want him to go and serve, I cannot believe that we are here and it is time for this.
I am so proud of who he has become and his willingness to give these next two years of his life to the Lord.
I am proud and grateful, but it is still so hard to let him go.
We had everyone make a guess when they arrived as to where they thought he might go.
The call sat on the mantle all day, waiting to be opened (and torturing me):
Of course, we had lots of goodies and treats for those that came:
And boy, did they come:
Finally, the big moment has arrived!
"Dear Elder Sabin: You are herby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Canada Toronto Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 22, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Mandarin Chinese language."
We could not be happier! It feels like just where he needs to be.
A perfect fit.
And Dad guessed it right (even the language)! What are the chances of that?
Congrats Elder Sabin! (and Happy Birthday Dad!)



























