Austin and his cute cousin, Cara, sang in the high school talent show tonight. When he told us of his plans to try out, Cameron and I were blown away. For the past few years, he has not seemed to show any interest in singing (even though I am constantly telling him how much girls like a boy with musical talent : ) ). Somewhere along the way he discovered that he likes it after all, and, as it turns out, he is actually really good! (my opinion, not his...)
They both said they were super nervous during the performance but you would never have guessed by watching them. As their mom and aunt, I was a wreck for both of them. I kept thinking about how I would never have had this kind of courage in high school.
I was so proud of them.
(The sound crew forgot to turn on Austin's microphone so you can't hear him for a minute. Also, don't forget to pause the music on the blog before you watch the video)
Hallelujah by Cara and Austin