Austin informed me this morning that he would be unavailable to help us in the yard today because he was having a study session with Cara and Mitch. They are all taking the AP US History test next week and I agreed with him that today, studying should probably trump weeding. However, when I came in from the yard (covered in sweat and dirt) to find them all sitting around the Risk game, I figured that their "study group" was just a front for game day.
They quickly tried to put my mind at ease and assured me that they were not playing games while I slaved away in the yard doing what would have been Austin's chores. They claimed that they were just using the Risk board to lay out the different battles and see things visually.
Call it what you might, this doesn't exactly look like studying to me. (And the fact that Risk is Austin's favorite game does nothing for their case!)