Background Template

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Angel's Landing

Saturday morning, Austin, Ashleigh and Cameron woke up bright and early and headed to Zion's to hike Angel's Landing.  Cameron and I did this hike the first year we were married and I remember thinking that I would never want my kids to do it.  There is a section that has sheer drop-offs on both sides of the trail.  A chain has been installed to assist in balance and safety.  The fact that a chain has been installed sums it up pretty well... intense (but awesome)!  Fast forward seventeen years and here they are: my kids on Angel's Landing!  Eek!
 
 
I was nervous to let them go, but I didn't want them to miss the chance to see this:
 
 
Amazing!
 
And less amazing, but still worth documenting: Austin's sweaty backpack outline.
 
 
This picture of them heading back down the chain section gives an idea, but just doesn't do justice to the yikes factor.
 
 
 
We all met up at lunchtime for a picnic and then walked the Riverside Trail together.
 
 
 It was another 100 plus degree day and the water was so enticing.

We could not resist.

 

 




 
When we came back to our packs we found that somebody had hung them in a tree in an effort to keep the squirrels out.  We were told that even then, the squirrels kept running up the tree and in and out of the pockets.  It turns out squirrels like Cheez-its as much as kids do.

 
Another great day.