5/12/13
Hadley was complaining that she had no shoes to wear to church today. When I told her to find her silver sandals, she got upset and said that they would not match her pink dress. I told her that they would be fine because silver goes with everything. Through her tears she cried, "What do they even match? My zipper?!?"
5/2013
Recent Conversation with Ellie after teasing one of the other kids about who they might marry:
E: I know who I am going to marry. Harrison.
M: Really? Does he know about this?
E: Yep, I tell him every day.
M: And what does he say to that?
E: He says, "No way." But I am still going to marry him. I always chase him at recess.
M: Do you think he likes that?
E: I don't know. I can never catch him. He is the fastest runner in our class. I am the second fastest.
5/28/2013
Hadley, in the car today:
H: Mom, are you and Dad in love?
M: Yes
H: That is SO weird!
M: Why is that weird?
H: Because you kiss each other on the lips.
6/10/2013
Last week I told Ashleigh to change the channel on the T.V. When she asked why, I said "Because I don't want you watching a soap opera." She shot right back at me: "What do you mean, a soap opera? They aren't even singing, Mom."
Duh, Mom. : )