This little girl is seven! Hard to believe it, but she is growing up. I love so many things about Ellie, but will choose just three to share today.
#1: Her independent spirit. Ellie has always been one that wants to do things her own way. Whether it is her hairstyle, her outfit, or even what she is eating for lunch, she usually has her mind made up long before I ask and is quite determined to follow through on any plans she has already made. She has never been one to worry about what others think or to be swayed by peer pressure. She knows what she wants and goes for it %100 every time. I love this about her.
#2: Her spunk. When I say spunk, I mean her feisty and strong personality. She is creative and outgoing. She is curious and smart. She is often the one to lead out when playing with her sister or friends. She is not afraid to make her opinions known and is usually successful in rallying others to her various causes.
#3: Her Heart. Hand in hand with the first two qualities I listed about her, Ellie has been known to sometimes have a quick temper, but she also has a wonderful caring heart. I have listened to her comfort her little sister when hurt (and run looking for a favorite blanket or stuffed animal that might help Hadley feel better). I have seen her share her favorite new toys or a special treat that she has been given. I have watched her reach out to others and make quick friends on a playground full of strangers. She really does have a great heart and this just might be my very favorite thing about her.
For Ellie's birthday, we went to Classic Fun Center where we skated,
and played in the arcade (and the bounce houses and jungle gym),
and rode scooters (even Dad!), and had a great time together.
We then went to Olive Garden for dinner and came home to open presents. Ellie received a new doll bunk bed for her birthday (for a doll that she does not even have yet and is hoping to get from Santa this year). While this gift might not make sense to others, she had her mind made up about it, and like I already noted about Ellie: when she knows what she wants...
So, a doll bed it was!
Because we were out so late, Ellie voted to save cake and ice cream for the next day.
Happy Birthday Sweetheart! We love you!!