6/7/2013
We took the kids to dinner tonight and while we sat
around a table outside of Cafe Rio, Austin entertained us with his
plethora of Brian Regan jokes. At one point during dinner, Hayden asked
"Do Canadians make money?" We were so puzzled as to why he asked this
until he followed up with, "Austin, if they do, you should be one."
Comedians. Canadians. Close enough.
7/21/2013
Somehow, we landed on the topic of Ellie's baptism this afternoon. I commented that it is hard to believe that it is only one year away and Cameron asked her if she was ready for this big step in her life. She responded with, "Yes, I'm ready. I've been practicing holding my breath." I'm pretty sure we were thinking more along the lines of practicing choosing the right, but holding your breath is good too.
7/28/2013
We were all in the car last week with the radio on. At one point, it got so noisy that Cameron turned the music off and suggested that we try to enjoy some peace and quiet. Without hesitation, Ellie yelled from the back seat, "Peace? What peace? I don't want peace!"
And there you have the story of our lives.
8/25/2013
Conversation with Hadley this afternoon:
H: Mom, do you know that story about the three bears?
M: Yes.
H: You know the one where the little girl sleeps in their bed?
M: Yes.
H: I would never do that.
I'm so relieved and happy to know that my daughter has made up her mind to not sleep in bear's beds.