Background Template

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hadley is 5!

Hadley is growing up way too fast for me.  I love this little peanut and sometimes (most of the time, if I am being honest), I wish I could keep her small forever.  We have made all kinds of deals, and she has even "pinky-promised" me that she would stay little, but then she goes and just keeps getting bigger all the time.  Little stinker!
 
Everybody loves and dotes on Hadley around here, and as a result, she is spoiled fairly rotten.  And yet somehow, she maintains her sweetness.  Some of my favorite things about this girl are:
 
1. She is so snuggly!  All of the kids have been snuggle-bugs, but she really takes the cake on this one.  As her mama, I benefit the most from this quality and it really does make me so happy.  She loves to curl up on my lap or in my bed anytime and she is almost always welcome.
 
2.  She is funny.  Hadley always has us laughing with the funny things she says and does.  Recently she told me that something was "weally cweeping" her out.  She picks up on lingo from the older kids and (most of the time) it is so cute coming out of her mouth.  Not too long ago, she claimed to have a date-guy (Ryker), a boyfriend (Chase), and a boy she thought was cute (Johnny).  After being sufficiently teased about all of these men in her life, she gave them all up and now professes to like "Nobody!"  Most of her requests begin with "I was just wondering...," followed by a big pause, followed by her request (usually for a treat).  I love to fill in that pause with "if you could have a kick in the pants?"  I've done it a million times but it still gets a rise out of her every single time I say it.
 
3.  She is a sweetheart.  She really is.  She melts my heart all the time with her hugs and kisses and sweet things to say.  She is affectionate and kind and oh-so lovable.
 
Happy Birthday Little Hadley!  Love you times infinity!
 
 
After spending the day at Trafalga, playing arcades, miniature golfing, climbing the rock wall and playing laser tag, we went to lunch at the Brick Oven in Provo, and then headed to our Ward Christmas Party.  Later that night, Hadley opened her presents and, after singing to her, we ate cake and icecream.