Background Template

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy 14th Ashleigh!

 
My sweet Ashleigh is 14!  I don't know how that happened.  It seems like just yesterday that I was toting her around on my hip, and everywhere I went, people were commenting on her chubby little thighs and her beautiful blue eyes.  She has outgrown the chubby thighs, but still has those amazing eyes (glad it worked out that way and not the other way around!).  Every time she has her picture taken professionally, her eyes are just striking.  Turning 14 means that Ashleigh will now be in my Miamaid class at church.  I don't know how she feels about it, but I am more than happy to have her!  There are so many things to love about this girl.  To name just a few:
 
1. Ashleigh is creative.  She is never afraid to try new things (one exception: she is afraid to sing in church, even though she sings ALL the time otherwise).  She loves to sing, dance, draw, craft, paint, cook, bake and even sew.  She is a big fan of Pinterest and finds a lots of inspiration on this website.   Most of the time, her projects and recipes turn out perfectly (I can think of a chocolate banana cake that went South, but other than that...).
 
2.  Ashleigh is fun to be with.  She is smart and witty and has a great sense of humor.  She can be sarcastic (this runs in our family), but she really doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Yes, she is a normal teenager and sometimes Mom is not her favorite person on the planet, but mostly, we get along great.  She is always up for dinner, a movie, shopping, skiing, time with friends, and time with family.  She is a happy kid and brings a lot of joy into our home.
 
3. Ashleigh is kind.  I could not have handpicked a better oldest daughter for our family.  She sets a great example for her sisters to look up to and she can be so cute with all three of the younger kids.  When she spends time with them, it is obvious that they are completely smitten with her.  They really do adore their big sister.  And to top it off, she has to be one of Austin's best friends.  These two are so close and such a blessing to each other.  Ashleigh really is a gem.  We love her to pieces and will definitely be keeping her!
 
Happy Birthday, sweetheart! (and better luck next year blowing out the candles on the first try!)