Last night the kids had root beer floats for dessert. We rarely make these, and I think this may have been Ellie's first. After tasting it she exclaimed "This is the best thing I have ever tasted in my entire life! It tastes just like ice cream with a little bit of root beer mixed in!"
I usually give the kids a small treat (i.e. a tic tac, a mint, a piece of gum) on their way to Primary and Sunday School if they are well behaved during Sacrament Meeting on Sundays. Last week, I didn't have anything to give them and promised that they could have one when we got home. Well, I forgot, and Monday, we were all in the car together when I heard Hadley say from the back seat, "Mom, I am so disappointed in you. You said you would give me a treat and you didn't even do it." Turns out, my four-year-old has quite the vocabulary and a memory to match.