Background Template

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break Day 2

We decided to surprise the kids with a jet-ski for day #2.  Cameron left to pick it up.  I told the kids to get their swimsuits on and help me pack a picnic lunch. They wanted to know where we were going and what we were doing.  I wasn't telling.
 
Then, this showed up in front of the house:   
 
 
I tried to capture the kids reactions:
 
Hayden was eager for any adventure,

 
and over-the-moon when he saw the jet-ski.
 

Ashleigh was floored that Mom and Dad could actually be cool enough to plan this for the day.


Hadley wasn't excited at all.  She got really nervous and wanted to know, "Do I have to ride on that?"  The poor girl is still traumatized from being forced to ride the log ride at Knotts Berry Farm last summer.
 
 
Austin refused to be photographed because he hadn't done his hair yet (for reals).
 
Ellie was M.I.A. for the big reveal; no pictures of her.
 
 
We had so much fun in the sun and sand and water.  Even Hadley decided that she liked riding on the jet-ski.  We will definitely be doing this again someday soon.

 
 
 



 
Pretty much a perfect day.