I woke up and got ready to go to the gym today. I came into the kitchen and this is what I found:
Spread out on my counter were Austin's scriptures (still open to the page he had been reading), and the pencils that he uses to color-code his markings.
Normally, I would be grumpy that my almost 17-year-old son had not cleaned up after himself.
Not so, today.
This just made my heart happy.
I am so grateful that Austin is not only diligent in his study of the scriptures, he loves them.
He really does.
I don't think he ever misses a day of study. It doesn't matter where we might be headed, if it is overnight, Austin always packs his scriptures. He has spent countless hours reading and marking them just how he likes them. He is light-years beyond where I was at his age (and I like to think that I was a pretty good kid!).
What a great example he is to the rest of us.
And what a great missionary he will be because of it.